Do You Have a Personal Real Estate Team?
If you’re planning on buying a home, you may have already done some shopping around on your own. Perhaps you’ve checked out a few open houses or called the number on a For Sale sign to schedule a private viewing of that property.
Yes, you can do all of that on your own, if you have the time and expertise. However, statistics prove that you’ll be more successful in finding your dream home at the right price with your own personal real estate team.
Your Real Estate Team Works for You
A real estate team, especially one that knows the local market, can help you find and buy your ideal home, quickly, and make the entire process go smoothly for you. During a viewing, your real estate team will give you the inside scoop on that property, so you know the full story. Your real estate team will also point out desirable features, and potential “issues”, that you might otherwise miss.
When it comes time to make an offer, your real estate team will present and negotiate it on your behalf. If you don’t have your own real estate team, you would have to deal directly with the seller’s agent, who is legally obliged to work in the seller’s best interests – not yours.
Bottom line: Your own personal real estate team is there for you, every step of the way.
What to Look for in a Real Estate Team
When buying a home, you want a real estate agent who…
- Takes the time to understand your needs and goals, so you have a true partner in your home buying journey.
- Explains everything clearly and answers your questions, so you’re never in the dark.
- Has expertise and a track record of success in the local market.
- Knows how to find great properties in your price range.
- Will alert you to new listings, quickly, so you get the jump on those opportunities.
- Will advise you on the best price to offer for the home you want.
- Will prepare and present the offer, and skillfully negotiate such things as price, conditions, closing dates, etc. so you get the best deal.
- Will save you potentially thousands of dollars by ensuring you don’t overpay for the property you want.
- Will recommend reputable home inspectors, movers and other professionals you may need.
Not every real estate teams offers all of these services.
The best way to select the right real estate team, is to meet with them in person. Ask questions. See if there is a good fit.
To schedule an appointment with Black & McDonald Real Estate, please call or email. If it’s more convenient for you, submit the form below and we will get back to you.