The Home Shopping Process
Black & McDonald Real Estate’s most important job is to make the home shopping process pleasant and rewarding for you.
The team does that in a number of ways.
You will be regularly recommend properties for viewing that closely match your needs and wants, and are within your price range. That spares you the frustration of visiting homes that aren’t suitable.
You will not miss opportunities. When a desirable property suddenly comes on the market, you’re alerted immediately via email, phone call, and text.
You schedule the viewings that fit your schedule, so there’s little if any inconvenience for you.
Before you view a property, you will be provided with in-depth details on the home, so you can make an informed decision. This includes closing dates, market value, and more. Later, if you have questions, your team gets the answers for you.
You get the scoop on the neighbourhood, so you get a clear sense of what an area is like in terms of lifestyle, safety, schools, etc. You can count on your team to steer you away from undesirable areas, and point out only those they suspect you’d like.
When you find a property you like, you will be given honest, professional recommendation as to how well the home meets your needs and wants. You won’t have to make such an important decision without expert advice.
As your real estate team, Black & McDonald Real Estate is committed to getting you into the right home, and are with you every step of the way.
What to Look for when Viewing a Property
Here are a few questions and ideas to consider when viewing homes to help make the process easier and more productive:
- Does the home have your “needs” features (those features you must have)? (For example, number of bedrooms, closet space, kitchen size, etc.)
- Does the home have any of your “wants” features (those features you’d like to have but would be willing to forgo)? (For example, large backyard deck, spacious family room, etc.)
- What is the general condition of the home? (Are there signs that the owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?)
- Will the home need any major repairs, remodeling or renovations? Is there anything, such as the furnace, that may need to be replaced soon?
- What do you like most about the home?
- Is there anything about the home you don’t like? Can that be changed with a remodeling or renovation now or in the future?
- Take a walk around the neighbourhood. Are the homes well-kept, indicating pride of ownership?
- Do you like where the home is situated in the neighbourhood?
- Does the neighbourhood have what you want? (For example, access to public transit, shopping, local parks, etc.)
Viewing properties should never be a frustrating ordeal. It’s Black & McDonald Real Estate’s job to help make the process easy and productive for you, so you can find the home you want.
Ready to get started? Call or email Black & McDonald Real Estate, or submit the form below.